FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team suffered a pair of setbacks Saturday on the road to Concordia Wisconsin (9-0) and Marian (6-3) in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play. The defeats drop WLC's record to 2-5 in conference play with two league duals remaining.
- Final Scores: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0; Marian 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 3
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-6, 2-5 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (9-1, 7-0 NACC), Marian (5-3, 5-2 NACC)
- Location: CUW Tennis Courts, Mequon, Wis./Buttermilk Creek Park, Fond du Lac, Wis.
- The first-place Falcons swept the Warriors to open the day. Concordia Wisconsin won all three doubles matches and took each singles flight in straight sets. WLC's closest contested matches came at No. 1 doubles where Hannah Gerbing (Pewaukee, Wis.) and Reebee Ratkowski (Waterford, Wis.) fell 8-3 at No. 2 and at No. 2 singles where Gerbing fell 6-4, 6-3.
- The Sabres jumped in front 2-1 through the conclusion of doubles play. Wisconsin Lutheran's Amanda Las (Bangor, Wis.) and Madeleine Steber (Green Bay, Wis.) teamed up at No. 3 doubles for an 8-5 win. Marian won the first three singles matches in straight sets before Ratkowski was edged in three sets at No. 4 after falling 4-6, 6-4, 10-8. Las and Steber picked up the only singles wins for WLC at No. 5 (6-3, 6-3) and No. 6 (6-3, 6-4).
- Las improved her NACC singles mark to 4-2, while Steber also won her fourth conference match.
- The Falcons have won four out of their last five matches by a 9-0 result. CUW's Rebekah Spiegelhoff improved her mark to 7-0 in conference play at No. 6 singles. The Sabres snapped a two-match losing skid with two wins Saturday. Mackenzie Meyers upped her conference record to 6-1 at No. 2 singles for MU.
- The Warriors jump out of conference play on Monday for a dual match at Carthage (1-2) in Kenosha.