Sep 07, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team opened its NACC schedule Saturday afternoon against Illinois Tech, dropping the decision to the Scarlet Hawks 8-1 at XS Tennis.
- Final Score: Illinois Tech 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-2, 0-1 NACC), Illinois Tech (2-2, 2-0 NACC)
- Location: XS Tennis, Chicago, Ill.
- The Scarlet Hawks won the first three doubles matches over the Warriors. Sophomores Amanda Wietrzny (Pewaukee, Wis.) and Sandhya Akella (Carmel, Ind.) were defeated 8-0 at No. 1, seniors Hannah Gerbing (Pewaukee, Wis.) and Reebee Ratkowski (Waterford, Wis.) dropped an 8-4 decision at No. 2, and senior Amanda Las (Bangor, Wis.) and sophomore Madeleine Steber (Green Bay, Wis.) fell 8-4 at No. 3.
- Five of the six singles matches went the way of Illinois Tech, with Akella bringing home the lone decision for the Warriors at No. 3 singles. Akella won in three sets with scores of 6-3, 3-6, and 10-4.
- Akella picked up her sixth career singles victory and first of the season.
- Morgan Colbert at No. 1 singles and Allyson Trang at No. 4 singles picked up their team-leading third singles victories of the season.
- Mouna Chahin at No. 5 singles and Sarah Oshana at No. 6 singles added their first singles victories of the new campaign.
- The Warriors return to action next Saturday with a double-dual against MSOE (0-1) and Edgewood (1-0). The first match gets underway at 10:00 a.m at the Princeton Club in New Berlin, with the second match scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.