CHICAGO, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team saw its 2018-2019 season come to a close Wednesday in the 2019 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament First Round, as the third-seeded Illinois Tech Scarlet Hawks defeated the sixth-seeded Warriors 5-0 at XS Tennis.
- Final Score: No. 3 Illinois Tech 5, No. 6 Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (10-11), Illinois Tech (17-6)
- Location: XS Tennis, Chicago, Ill.
- The Scarlet Hawks won the first three doubles matches over the Warriors. Hannah Gerbing (Pewaukee, Wis.) and Amanda Wietrzny (Pewaukee, Wis.) were defeated 8-0 at No. 1, Sandhya Akella (Carmel, Ind.) and Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis.) dropped an 8-1 decision at No. 2, and Natalee Douangvilay (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Reebee Ratkowski (Waterford, Wis.) suffered an 8-2 setback at No. 3.
- WLC dropped the first two singles matches and the remaining four flights went unfinished as the outcome was already determined. Wietrzny dropped her match at No. 1 singles, 6-1, 6-0, while Gerbing suffered a 6-2, 6-0 loss at No. 2.
- The Warriors made their fifth NACC Tournament appearance and third in the last four years.
- The match was the final for WLC's only senior, Katarina Volkmann. She finishes her career with 31 singles wins and 20 doubles victories.
- Illinois Tech advances to face second-seeded Concordia Wisconsin Saturday in a Semifinal matchup at Nielsen Tennis Stadium in Madison.
- The Warriors wrap-up their 2018-2019 season 10-11 overall and 5-5 for sixth place in the NACC. WLC recorded at least 10 wins for the fifth time in program history and the third time in the last four years.