Mar 13, 2019
HILTON HEAD, S.C. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team picked up its first win of the PTR Spring TennisFest Wednesday afternoon, defeating Marietta 6-3 in non-conference action at Chaplin Community Park.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 6, Marietta 3
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-8), Marietta (2-4)
- Location: Chaplin Community Park, Hilton Head, South Carolina
- The Warriors won two of three doubles matches over the Pioneers to open the match. Amanda Wietrzny (Pewaukee, Wis.) and Hannah Gerbing (Pewaukee, Wis.) were 8-2 winners at No. 1 doubles. It was the duo's team-leading sixth win of the season. At No. 3, Natalee Douangvilay (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Amanda Las (Bangor, Wis.) won by default.
- WLC picked up four wins in singles play, starting with Wietrzny at No. 1 with a 6-1, 6-2 win. Douangvilay was a 6-3, 6-3 winner at No. 4, Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis.) claimed a 6-3, 6-0 win at No. 5, while Las was a winner by default. The win for Las was her team-high ninth of the year.
- The Warriors play their fourth and final match of their spring break trip Friday at 7:30 a.m. CST when they take on Albany St. (4-2).