MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team dropped a pair of NACC road matches Saturday afternoon, losing 6-3 against MSOE in Glendale before dropping a 9-0 decision to Edgewood later in the afternoon in Madison.
- Final Scores: MSOE 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 3; Edgewood 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-4, 1-3 NACC), MSOE (2-5, 2-2 NACC), Edgewood (3-2, 3-0 NACC)
- Location: Nicolet High School, Glendale, Wis./Quann Park, Madison, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sandhya Akella (Carmel, Ind.) and Reebee Ratkowski (Waterford, Wis.) were the lone doubles pairing to secure a victory in the opener vs. the Raiders, winning at No. 2 by a 9-7 score. The Warriors' other two doubles teams fell by scores of 8-5. Natalee Douangvilay (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Amanda Las (Bangor, Wis.) each won in straight sets at No. 5 and No. 6 singles, respectively.
- The Eagles won all nine matches in straight sets en route to a 9-0 sweep at Quann Park in Madison in the second dual of the day.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Las took the team lead in singles victories with her fourth on the season.
- The Warriors host Lakeland (4-2, 3-1 NACC) Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. at the Princeton Club in New Berlin. The Muskies fell to Marian 9-0 Saturday and travel to Stevens Point Sunday to take on WIAC member, UWSP.