BROOKFIELD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team improved to 2-1 on the season following a 5-4 non-conference victory against Beloit in its home opener at the Elite Sports Club Sunday afternoon.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 5, Beloit 4
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-1), Beloit (0-1)
- Location: Elite Sports Club, Brookfield, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hannah Gerbing (Pewaukee, Wis.) and Amanda Wietrzny (Pewaukee, Wis.) earned an 8-4 victory at No. 1 doubles, and Amanda Las (Bangor, Wis.) and Emily Lovendahl (Melrose Park, Ill.) earned a hard-fought 9-7 victory at No. 3 to give the Warriors an early 2-1 advantage.
- Gerbing and Wietrzny each earned straight-set victories before the Bucs battled back and took the next two singles matches. Las earned another victory with a 6-1, 6-1 victory at No. 5 singles.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Las improved to 3-0 in the young season in singles competition.
- The victory marks the eighth straight victory for the Green and White in the series against Beloit.
- The Warriors begin the conference portion of their schedule next Saturday with a double-dual against first-year NACC member Illinois Tech (3-0) followed by a matchup with Aurora (0-2). The first match gets underway at 10:00 a.m. at the Princeton Club in New Berlin. Last year, IIT defeated Wisconsin Lutheran, 8-1, while the Warriors defeated the Spartans, 7-2.