KOHLER, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team defeated Lakeland 7-2 at Sports Core Saturday afternoon to solidify its position as the No. 4 seed in the spring NACC Tournament.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 7, Lakeland 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-5, 6-3 NACC), Lakeland (4-10, 4-5 NACC)
- Location: Sports Core, Kohler, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors won two of three doubles matches to open the contest, with the No. 2 doubles team of Tabitha Schultz (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho) and Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis.) earning the largest win, 8-3.
- Wisconsin Lutheran won five of the six singles matches, including Paige Potaracke (La Crosse, Wis.) collecting a victory at the No. 1 singles position, 6-0 6-0
- Schultz, Emily Boyd (Lebanon, Wis.), Volkmann, and Reebee Ratkowski (Waterford, Wis.) also collected singles victories for the Warriors.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors clinched their second NACC Tournament berth in the last five seasons.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's six conference wins tie the 2015 team for the most in the last five seasons.
- WLC won its fourth straight match over Lakeland.
FOR THE FOES
- The Muskies picked up their only victories at the No. 3 doubles and No. 5 singles positions.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will resume its season in the spring with more non-conference matches before the NACC Tournament begins April 30.