OAK PARK, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team won in convincing fashion over Concordia Chicago 8-1 on Saturday afternoon at the Oak Park Tennis and Fitness Center to improve to 2-3 in conference play.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 8, Concordia Chicago 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-5, 2-3 NACC), Concordia Chicago (0-6, 0-6 NACC)
- Location: Oak Park Tennis and Fitness Center, Oak Park, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors opened the match by winning two of three doubles matches over the Cougars. Paige Potaracke (La Crosse, Wis./Luther) and Emily Boyd (Lebanon, Wis./Luther Preparatory) were 8-6 winners at No. 1 and Kendra Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) and Taylor Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) collected an 8-2 win at No. 3 as WLC held a 2-1 advantage heading into singles play.
- WLC then swept through singles play in convincing fashion. Potaracke was a 6-1, 6-1 winner at No. 1, Boyd won in straight sets at No. 2, 6-0, 6-1, Schultz battled to a three-set win, 7-5, 2-6, 10-7, at No. 3.
- At No. 4, Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) won 6-2, 6-3. Kendra Bergmann won at No. 5 by scores of 6-1, 6-1 and Taylor Bergmann concluded singles with a 6-4, 6-2 victory.
- Wisconsin Lutheran opens a busy final week of NACC action on Tuesday when it hosts Marian (5-6, 1-3 NACC) at 4:30 p.m. at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. Last season, WLC defeated MU in regular season action before the Sabres eliminated the Warriors in the opening round of the conference tournament.