Posted: Sep 22, 2015
KOHLER, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team bounced back from its first conference loss of the season with an 8-1 NACC road win over Lakeland on Tuesday at the Sports Core.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 8, Lakeland 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-2, 5-1 NACC), Lakeland (0-8, 0-8 NACC)
- Location: Sports Core, Kohler, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- For the first time this season, the Warriors opened a match by winning all three doubles flights.
- At No. 1, Paige Potaracke (La Crosse, Wis./Luther) and Kalyn Geddes (Bend, Ore./Luther Preparatory) were 8-1 winners.
- Kendra Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) and Taylor Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) collected an 8-3 victory at No. 2, and Natalie Anderson (Cedarburg, Wis./Cedarburg) and Katarina Volkmann teamed at No. 3 for an 8-2 triumph.
- WLC took five of six singles matches from the Muskies in straight sets.
- Potaracke opened singles play with a 6-0, 6-0 sweep at No. 1 and Geddes followed at No. 2 with a 6-1, 6-2 win.
- At No. 3, Tabitha Schultz (Spokane, Wash./Luther Preparatory) claimed a 6-1, 6-2 win, Amanda Pearson (Prairie du Sac, Wis./Luther Preparatory) picked up a 6-4, 6-1 win at No. 4, and Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) was victorious 6-1, 6-0 at No. 5.
- The Warriors improved their record to 5-0 on the road this season and 8-1 against the Muskies since 2006.
- The Warriors are off until next Wednesday, September 30 when they host Mount Mary (1-8, 1-6 NACC) in a NACC match beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The Blue Angels last dropped an 8-1 match at Aurora on Sunday.