GLENDALE, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team fell to UW-Stevens Point 8-1, before winning its first match of the young season Sunday afternoon, defeating Beloit 5-4 in non-conference action at Nicolet High School.
- Final Scores: UW-Stevens Point 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1; Wisconsin Lutheran 5, Beloit 4
- Location: Nicolet High School, Glendale, Wis.
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-1), UW-Stevens Point (1-0), Beloit (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. UW-STEVENS POINT
- UW-Stevens Point swept through doubles play, but WLC kept the matches close, losing the first two matches 8-6 and the final doubles match 8-5.
- Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) picked up the lone victory for the Warriors with a 6-4, 6-4 victory at No. 6 singles.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. BELOIT
- WLC picked up its first doubles win of the season at No. 3, as Taylor Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) and Kendra Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) won an 8-3 decision.
- Kayln Geddes (Bend, Ore./Luther Preparatory) won her match at No. 2 singles 10-1, and Emily Boyd (Lebanon, Wis./Luther Preparatory) picked up a win at No. 5 singles 10-3.
- Amanda Pearson (Prairie du Sac, Wis./Luther Preparatory) and Volkmann both won their matches via retirement.
- Sunday marked the first collegiate victories for Volkmann, Taylor Bergmann, and Kendra Bergmann.
- Wisconsin Lutheran continues non-conference action Wednesday when it travels to Ripon (1-1) for a match against the Red Hawks at 4:30 p.m.