Posted: Oct 30, 2019
MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team closed out its 2019 season Wednesday night hosting Edgewood at Warriors Soccer Field. The Eagles took an early lead and held on for a 5-1 victory over the Warriors.
- Final Score: Edgewood 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-14-0, 3-9-0 NACC), Edgewood (7-12-1, 5-7-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
- The Eagles scored twice in the first half, as Ashley Siegel and Carolyn Evers each scored to give Edgewood a two-goal lead at halftime.
- Edgewood extended its lead to 5-0 in the second half as Siegel, Paige Baillies, and Anna Fischer found the back of the net.
- The Warriors avoided the shutout when junior Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) scored her team-leading ninth goal of the season with just over a minute to play in the match. Schumacher took a free kick from just outside the box and scored to the upper left corner.
- The Warriors attempted 11 shots, with eight ending on target. Schumacher and junior Erika Yanke (Torrance, Calif.) paced the team with five shots.
- Freshman Kayla Pagel (Kenosha, Wis.) started for the Warriors and stopped seven of the 10 shots she faced.
- Edgewood finished with 19 shots, including 12 shots on goal. Shannon Kaufmann led the Eagles with seven shots.
- Goalkeeper Grace Wildeboer stopped seven shots for her seventh win of the season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran concludes its 2019 season with an overall record of 4-14-0 overall and a 3-9-0 mark in the NACC.