Posted: Oct 16, 2019
MEQUON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered a 6-1 setback to Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference foe Concordia Wisconsin on Wednesday afternoon at Fitting Field.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-10-0, 3-5-0 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (12-3-0, 8-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Fitting Field, Mequon, Wis.
- The Falcons struck twice within the first 13 minutes of the match for a 2-0 lead. Karoline Haugland and Katelyn Ries scored in the 10th and 13th minute, respectively, for the hosts.
- CUW added its final first-half tally in the 29th minute on Selena Esten's header off a corner kick for a 3-0 halftime result.
- Esten added to her first half tally with all three Concordia Wisconsin goals in the second half, coming in the 48th, 59th, and 69th minutes.
- The Warriors got on the board in the 83rd minute when junior Gabriella Metten (Greenville, Wis.) netted her fifth goal of the year on an assist from sophomore Miriam Carreno (San Antonio, Texas).
- Metten and Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) recorded one shot on goal each for the Warriors.
- Freshman Kayla Pagel (Kenosha, Wis.) made a season-high 17 saves in net for WLC, which tallied one corner kick in the match.
- Selena Esten and Alexandra Tomich collected nine and six shots on target, respectively. Esten finished with four goals and an assist to pace the Falcons, who totaled 47 shots for the match. Kaeley Sterkel made two saves in net for CUW.
- The Warriors wrap-up their three-game road trip on Saturday when they travel to Concordia Chicago (4-8-2, 4-2-1 NACC) for a 3:00 p.m. kickoff. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.