Posted: Oct 13, 2019
LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered a 4-0 setback to the Benedictine Eagles Sunday night in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference action at The Sports Complex.
- Final Score: Benedictine 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-9-0, 3-4-0 NACC), Benedictine (4-6-2, 3-2-1 NACC)
- Location: The Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
- The Eagles entered the scoring column in the 18th minute when Holly Ward found the back of the net from Sammie Sarles following two shots on frame that were unsuccessful.
- BenU went in front 2-0 in the 34th minute on a Sarles goal that was mishandled by the Warriors' keeper.
- Benedictine went into the locker room with a 3-0 lead after Jennifer Garcia scored in the 39th minute off an assist from Shelby Mepham.
- The hosts added their final tally of the game in the 64th minute when Abbie Graham scored on a pass from Taylor Healy.
- Junior Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) and freshman Katelyn Bonilla (Fond du Lac, Wis.) accounted for the Warriors' two shots on frame in the contest.
- Freshman Kayla Pagel (Kenosha, Wis.) stopped eight of the 12 shots she faced in 90:00 minutes of action.
- Abbie Graham totaled a team-high six of the Eagles' 19 shots for the game. Sammie Sarles added a goal and an assist while Cassidy Henson stopped the only two shots she faced to earn the shutout in the net.
- The Warriors continue their three-game road swing Wednesday when they travel to Concordia Wisconsin (11-2-0, 7-1-0 NACC) for a 4:00 p.m. NACC matchup. The Falcons suffered their first conference loss yesterday at Aurora, 1-0. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.