Posted: Oct 12, 2019
MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match against Illinois Tech Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field by a final score of 6-0.
- Final Score: Illinois Tech 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-8-0, 3-3-0 NACC), Illinois Tech (7-5-2, 4-1-2 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
- The Scarlet Hawks raced out to a quick lead as Jamie Griggs scored seven minutes into the game on a shot from 15 yards out to the lower left corner.
- Illinois Tech scored two more times before the end of the first half, as Anna Delseith and Griggs scored less than three minutes apart to make the score 3-0.
- Griggs completed the hat trick eight minutes into the second half, before adding her fourth goal of the game and 11th of the season four minutes later to push the lead to five.
- Nicole Fajardo made the score 6-0 midway through the second half after she collected a rebound and scored to the lower left corner.
- Freshman goalkeeper Kayla Pagel (Kenosha, Wis.) finished with seven saves for the Warriors, including four in the first half.
- Sophomore Osiris Leon (Elgin, Ill.) attempted the only Warriors' shot.
- The Scarlet Hawks attempted 28 shots, with 13 finding their way on frame. Griggs paced the team with five shots on target, while converting four of those shots into goals.
- Catherine Klemp started in goal for Illinois Tech, earning her third win of the season. Emily Garza and Cheryl Gardner also saw time in net, with Garza recording the only save in the shutout.
- The Warriors return to action tomorrow night when they travel to Benedictine (3-6-2, 2-2-1 NACC) for a conference match against the Eagles starting at 7:00 p.m. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.