Posted: Aug 31, 2019
PELLA, Iowa (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell by a final score of 9-0 in non-conference action to Central Saturday afternoon at Kuyper Athletics Complex.
- Final Score: Central 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-2-0), Central (1-0-0)
- Location: Kuyper Athletics Complex, Pella, Iowa
- The Dutch struck for the first of three opening-half goals in the 13th minute off the foot of Erin Manion, who scored again in the 23' for a 2-0 hosts lead.
- Central added a third tally three minutes before halftime when Jessica Altman found the back of the net.
- The Warriors placed four shots on frame in the first 45 minutes, but were kept off the scoreboard.
- The hosts continued their scoring surge in the second half with six goals off the foot six different players.
- Katie Wasiak (Muskego, Wis.) led the Warriors in shots for the second straight game, attempting three and placing two on target.
- WLC finished with eight shots for the match, including six on frame.
- Winter Baumann (Pleasanton, Texas) made 10 saves in the match for the Green and White.
- Erin Manion led Central with three goals on six shots as her team racked up 34 for the match. Jacie Borman added two assists. Taylor Golt made four saves and was one of three keepers to share the shutout.
- The Warriors remain on the road Wednesday for another non-conference matchup against Lake Forest (1-0-0). Kickoff is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. at Farwell Field. The Foresters edged Carroll 1-0 in their season opener Saturday. Live stats and video will be available for the contest at WLCSports.com.