MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team snapped its three-game losing streak with an impressive 10-0 victory over Mount Mary Sunday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field. The Warriors attempted a school-record 55 shots and had seven different players score goals in the non-conference match.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 10, Mount Mary 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-3-0), Mount Mary (1-5-0)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC got on the scoreboard in the 9' when Miriam Carreno (San Antonio, Texas) found the back of the net from 10 yards out off an assist from Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.).
- Joyce connected off a pass from Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) in the 15' to push the Warriors lead to 2-0.
- Carreno recorded her second goal of the day in the 16' off a rebounded shot.
- Schumacher recorded her first goal of the season in the 18' off a pass from Ella Metten (Greenville, Wis.).
- The Warriors scored just 0:26 seconds later when Maggie Stebbins (Beaver Dam, Wis.) beat the keeper for her first goal of the season.
- Metten recorded her third goal of the season in 21' from 10 yards outside the goal.
- Kayla Mitchell (Green Bay, Wis.) pushed the lead to 7-0 in the 35' minute.
- Mitchell scored again in the 41' when she found the back of the empty net off a header from Brooke Enright (West Bend, Wis.).
- Joyce scored just 0:58 seconds into the second half for her second goal of the day.
- Megan Henning (Grafton, Wis.) recorded her first goal of the season to conclude the Warriors' scoring at 10-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors set a new program-record with 55 shots in the contest, including 26 on goal, while holding the Blue Angels without a shot attempt during the contest.
- Joyce led the way with two goals and three assists. Schumacher added a goal and three assists of her own.
- Rosanna Mazzulla (Melrose Park, Ill.) earned the victory to improve to 3-1-0 in the net.
- Wisconsin Lutheran won its seventh straight matchup over the Blue Angels dating back to 2000.
FOR THE FOES
- Hannah Rose recorded 16 saves in goal for MMU as she dropped to 1-3-0 on the season.
- The Warriors open NACC competition with a road trip to Plymouth to take on Lakeland (4-3-1) Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. at Taylor Field. The Muskies defeated Blackburn Sunday, 3-0. Links to live stats and video will be available for the contest at WLCSports.com.