MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered its third straight setback Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field, falling to American Rivers Conference powerhouse Loras, 6-0. The Duhawks, who've advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament each of the past two seasons, out-shot the Warriors 33-3 while scoring three goals in each half.
- Final Score: Loras 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-3-0), Loras (4-2-0)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Loras got on the scoreboard in the 9' when Brynn Jacobi struck a shot over the keeper's head from 10 yards out.
- Ryleigh O'Brien found the back of the net in the 25' and again in the 29', pushing the Duhawks' lead to 3-0 before the halftime break.
- The guests added goals in the 55' and the 67' to push their lead to 5-0 with 20 minutes remaining in the contest.
- Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) tallied the lone shots on goal for the hosts in the 69', nearly beating the Loras keeper from 10 yards out.
- Loras scored in the 81' minute after Megan McElmeel scored from six yards out, giving the visitors the final 6-0 result.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Schumacher attempted all three shots for the Warriors, with one shot coming on frame.
- Abby Vavra (Mukwonago, Wis.) made five saves in the first half, while Becca Nikolas (St. Cloud, Minn.) made five saves of her own in the second half.
FOR THE FOES
- The Duhawks out-shot the Warriors 33-3, with 16 shots coming on target.
- Five different Loras players scored goals, while five different players tallied assists.
- O'Brien scored two goals and added an assist for the visitors.
- Kaylee Coble earned the win in net without facing a shot in nearly 66 minutes of action.
- The Warriors face a quick turnaround when they host Mount Mary Sunday afternoon to complete their six-game homestand. The Blue Angels (1-3-0) defeated Eureka 5-1 Friday night. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.