MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered its second straight defeat Saturday night, as the visiting Central Dutch defeated the Warriors 4-0 in non-conference action at Warriors Soccer Field. The Dutch out-shot WLC 23-4.
- Final Score: Central 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-2-0), Central (3-1-1)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The visitors struck first in the 2' when Olivia Denham collected a cross and beat the keeper from 15 yards out.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.) attempted the lone shot on goal for the Warriors in the 10' when she nearly put a ball past the Dutch goalie from 15 yards out.
- Central added to its lead in the 21' when a loose ball rattled around the box off a corner kick and was knocked in by a Warriors defender.
- CC scored again in the 75' when Anna Tillo struck a volley from the top of the box that snuck in the bottom right corner of the goal.
- Erin Manion put in the fourth goal of the contest with just nine seconds to play to give the guests a 4-0 triumph.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Four different Warriors tallied shots in the contest.
- Rosanna Mazzulla (Melrose Park, Ill.) corralled seven saves in goal, but suffered the loss.
- Abby Vavra (Mukwonago, Wis.) made two saves in goal in 12 minutes of action.
FOR THE FOES
- The Dutch out-shot WLC 23-4 and held a 13-1 advantage in shots on goal.
- Three different Central players tallied goals, while Manion registered a goal and an assist.
- Taylor Golt earned the win in goal, making one save in 85 minutes.
- The Warriors enjoy a week off before hosting No. 22 Loras next Saturday. The Duhawks (2-2-0) defeated Saint Mary's Saturday afternoon, 2-0. Kickoff is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.