LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered a 4-0 setback against the Benedictine Eagles Wednesday night at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine Sports Complex to close out the 2017 season.
- Final Score: Benedictine 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-14-0, 2-8-0 NACC), Benedictine (5-12-1, 5-4-1 NACC)
- Location: Village of Lisle-Benedictine Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Benedictine jumped out to an early lead in the 10' minute when Kayleigh Summer found the back of the net.
- The Eagles doubled their lead less than two minutes later when Abbie Graham headed in a pass from Sommer.
- The hosts took a 2-0 lead into the halftime break, out-shooting the Warriors 6-4, with three shots on goal.
- Benedictine scored just three minutes into the second half after Holly Ward took a pass from Danielle Melotte and beat the goalie.
- Katy Fredericksen added a fourth goal for the Eagles in the 78' minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) and Calli Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) registered two shots each for the Warriors.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.) also collected a shot for WLC.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) made four saves in goal for the Warriors.
- The contest marked the final game for Warriors seniors Krause, Lexi Caira (Pewaukee, Wis.), Briana Modjeska (Cottage Grove, Wis.) and Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis.).
FOR THE FOES
- The Eagles out-shot the visitors 13-5 in the contest, with nine shots on goal.
- Sommer paced Benedictine with four shots, three coming on goal.
- Four different Eagles registered goals.
- Cassidy Henson made three saves in net.
- BenU, which clinched the No. 6 seed in the NACC Tournament, won its fourth straight match over WLC.
- The Warriors wrap-up their 2017 season with an overall record of 4-14-0 and 2-8-0 in the NACC.