MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team dropped its final home contest of the season, 5-0, to the NACC-leading Dominican Stars Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field. The two teams were deadlocked at halftime, but the visitors used five second-half goals to earn the victory.
- Final Score: Dominican 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-13-0, 2-7-0 NACC), Dominican (15-0-3, 8-0-2 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The game remained scoreless after the opening 45:00 minutes despite 10 shots on goal from the visitors.
- The Stars opened the scoring at the 48:29 mark when Lexi Kiotis headed in a corner kick from Alyssa Messina.
- Just two minutes later, Kaitlyn Tripp scored off of a free kick from 20 yards out, putting Dominican up 2-0.
- In the 55' minute, Alexis Hoskins scored from seven yards out off of a pass from Kiotis, leading to a 3-0 DU advantage.
- Kiotis found the back of the net again in the 80' minute when she shot from 14 yards out and scored.
- Josseline Williams, the NACC's leading scorer, added the fifth and final goal of the afternoon for the Stars in the 80' minute when she dribbled through the defense and shot past the keeper.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) nearly put the Warriors on the board in the 83' minute when her shot was saved.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors registered two shots, both were on frame from Joyce.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) made three saves in net.
- Six different WLC players registered 90 minutes in the contest.
- Wisconsin Lutheran honored its four seniors during halftime of Saturday's game; Krause, Lexi Caira (Pewaukee, Wis.), Briana Modjeska (Cottage Grove, Wis.), and Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis.)
FOR THE FOES
- Dominican collected 23 shots in the contest, eight of which were on frame.
- Kiotis led the way with two goals and an assist for the Stars.
- Messina also registered two assists.
- Abbey Brown made two saves in net to earn the shutout win.
- The Warriors round out their 2017 season when they travel to Benedictine (4-12-1, 4-4-1 NACC) Wednesday night. The Eagles dropped a 3-2 decision to Marian Saturday afternoon. In the lone matchup last season, BenU earned a 2-0 victory over WLC in Milwaukee. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com