MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 2-0 to the visiting Marian Sabres Wednesday night at Warriors Soccer Field. The guests broke a 0-0 tie at intermission with two scores in the second half.
- Final Score: Marian 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-12-0, 2-6-0 NACC), Marian (7-8-0, 3-4-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The game remained scoreless after the opening 45:00 minutes despite seven shots on goal from the Sabres and five from the Warriors.
- The Sabres were the first to find the back of the net in the 65' minute off a shot from Karissa Preston which was lobbed over the Warriors' goalkeeper from 25 yards out.
- Marian doubled the lead in the 87' minute off a header from Shannon Coughlin that was assisted by Alexis Peterson.
- Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) and Lexi Caira (Pewaukee, Wis.) tallied shots in the late stages of the game, but both were saved.
- The Sabres earned five corner kicks in the final 10 minutes of the contest to keep possession and secure the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors registered 13 shots, four of which were on target.
- Caira, Schumacher and Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis.) were the only Warriors to tally shots on goal.
- Seven different WLC players recorded shots, with Calli Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) leading the way with seven.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) made five saves in net.
FOR THE FOES
- Marian had 17 shots, seven of which were on goal.
- The Sabres earned 17 corner kicks in the match, while only allowing three to the Warriors.
- Nine different Marian players recorded shots.
- Danielle Deltgen earned the victory in goal, making four saves.
- The Warriors return to action Saturday afternoon when they host unbeaten and NACC-leading Dominican (14-0-3, 6-0-2 NACC) for Senior Day. Kickoff from Warriors Soccer Field is scheduled for 3:30 p.m.