MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team surrendered two goals in each half as the Warriors dropped a 4-0 decision to Edgewood Wednesday night at Warriors Soccer Field. The loss was WLC's fourth straight conference defeat by a 4-0 final.
- Final Score: Edgewood 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-10-0, 2-4-0 NACC), Edgewood (6-8-0, 2-5-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Edgewood's Mady Warda found the back of the net twice in 10 minutes to give the Eagles an early 2-0 lead.
- Neither team scored in the final 25:00 minutes of the half after Warda's goals.
- Carrie Radomsky scored at the 60:09 mark the push the Edgewood advantage to three.
- Madelyn Peach scored in the 78' minute to put the game out of reach of a Warriors comeback.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors registered 10 shots, with five coming on goal.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) collected six shots, with two of those shots on frame.
- Gabriella Metten (Greenville, Wis.) also recorded a shot on goal, with two total shots.
- Hailey Krause (Wawautosa, Wis.) made four saves in net.
FOR THE FOES
- The Eagles registered 18 shots in the contest, eight of which were on goal.
- Eleven different Edgewood players tallied shots, including six who recorded shots on goal.
- Warda scored two goals in just 47 minutes on the field.
- Grace Wildeboer made five saves in net, collecting her sixth win of the season.
- The Eagles took nine corner kicks in the contest, compared to WLC's four.
- The Warriors travel to Concordia Chicago (4-8-2, 3-3-0 NACC) Saturday to take on the Cougars at 3:15 p.m. WLC fell to CUC last season, 5-0, at Concordia Stadium. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com