MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team dropped a NACC contest, 4-0, on the road against cross-town foe MSOE on a rainy Saturday afternoon at Viets Field.
- Final Score: MSOE 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-9-0, 2-3-0 NACC), MSOE (5-7-0, 3-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Viets Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Raiders scored first with a goal from Gracie Horton in the 19' minute on a through ball past the defense.
- MSOE added to its lead a couple minutes later when Brooke Zidek scored off another through ball.
- The Raiders held the 2-0 lead into halftime and out-shot the Warriors 13-5 in the opening half.
- Zidek scored her second goal of the day less than a minute into the second half to extend the Raiders' lead to 3-0.
- The Raiders scored their fourth goal in the 72' minute when Nora Adkins connected off a pass from Missy Schultz.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Calli Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) led the Warriors with three shots, including two on goal, and Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) recorded two shots, with one hitting the crossbar.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) registered 11 saves for the Warriors.
FOR THE FOES
- The Raiders out-shot Wisconsin Lutheran 29-7 in the match, including 15-3 on goal.
- Thirteen different players recorded a shot for MSOE in the match.
- MSOE collected eight corner kicks to WLC's one.
- Zidek led the Raiders with seven shots, with five being on target.
- Aly Loepfe recorded two assists in the match.
- Mary McFee recorded three saves in 61:39 in goal.
- The Warriors return to action Wednesday when they host Edgewood (5-7-0, 1-4-0) in a NACC match at 7:00 p.m. at Warriors Soccer Field. The Eagles suffered a 2-1 loss to Concordia Chicago Saturday. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com