MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Behind a dominant 54-1 shot advantage, the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team earned a 4-0 non-conference victory against Mount Mary Saturday night at Warriors Soccer Field on Pack the Park Night.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 4, Mount Mary 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-7-0), Mount Mary (3-5-1)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors' first goal came in the 30' minute off a strike from Lexi Caira (Pewaukee, Wis.) off a cross from Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.).
- Caira's was the lone goal in the opening half as WLC led 1-0 at the break.
- Hirsch scored her third goal of the season in the 69' minute, giving WLC a 2-0 lead.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) scored her team-leading 11th goal of the season after lofting the ball over the keeper's head.
- The hosts scored their final goal on an own goal from a Blue Angel mistake inside the box.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Of the Warriors' 54 shots, 23 came on goal.
- Joyce led the Warriors with ten shots, while Cali Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) and Hirsch recorded eight.
- Katriana Pearce (Canton, Mich.) recorded an assist in the match.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) earned the win in net without making a save.
FOR THE FOES
- Hannah Rose made 19 saves in net for the visitors.
- Allison Klotz recorded the lone shot for Mount Mary.
- The Warriors return to NACC play when they travel to Mequon to take on Concordia Wisconsin (4-3-2, 3-1-0 NACC) Wednesday for a 4:00 p.m. kickoff. The Falcons dropped their first conference game on Saturday by a score of 2-0 on the road against Aurora. Live stats and video will be available for the contest at WLCSports.com.