AURORA, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Three first-half goals were enough for the host Spartans as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team dropped its first NACC match of the season 4-0 on the road against Aurora Wednesday night at Spartan Stadium.
- Final Score: Aurora 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-7-0, 2-1-0 NACC), Aurora (2-6-0, 2-0-0 NACC)
- Location: Spartan Stadium, Aurora, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kelsey King put the hosts on the board first after connecting in the 9' minute off a corner kick from Alicia Rotolo.
- The Spartans added another goal in the 21' minute when Jessica Ortiz scored from 15 yards out to give AU a 2-0 lead.
- Four minutes later, Aurora tacked on its third goal of the half with a goal from Celeste Martinez off a Warriors turnover.
- The Spartans led 3-0 at halftime and carried a 17-2 advantage in shots in the opening 45 minutes of action.
- The loan goal in the second half came in the 70' minute off a converted penalty kick from Anessa Munoz.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) reached double digits for saves, tying a season high with 10 in the contest.
- Five different Warriors recorded a shot in the match, including a shot on goal from Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) and Gabriella Metten (Greenville, Wis.).
FOR THE FOES
- The Spartans out-shot WLC 28-5 in the match, including a 14-2 advantage on goal.
- Alexis Abelove recorded four shots for AU.
- Sammie Gelfand recorded two saves in net.
- The Warriors take a break from conference play when they host Mount Mary (3-4-1) Saturday for their final non-conference action of the season at 7:00 p.m. The Blue Angels have won two of their last three, including a 2-0 victory at MacMurray Saturday afternoon. The match is the second of a doubleheader with the men's team for the Pack The Park event. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.