MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) scored four goals to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team to their second consecutive conference victory in a 7-0 win against cross-town foe Alverno Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 7, Alverno 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-6-0, 2-0-0 NACC), Alverno (1-7-0, 0-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Joyce got the Warriors on the board twice in the opening 14 minutes with two unassisted goals.
- Gabriella Metten (Greenville, Wis.) tacked on her third goal of the season in the 43' minute off an assist from Dempsey O'Brien (West Allis, Wis.).
- WLC carried the 3-0 lead into the locker room, out-shooting Alverno 16-7 in the opening half.
- Joyce posted her third hat-trick of the season in the 53' minute after dribbling through the defense and finishing.
- Joyce wasted little time as she scored her fourth goal in the contest in the 56' minute.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.) scored her second goal of the season when she found the top corner from the right side of the box in the 59' minute.
- Calli Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) completed the Warriors' scoring with her third goal of the year, unassisted, in the 89' minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors dominated the shot chart, 32-15, with 15 coming on target.
- Joyce led the Warriors with eight shots, while Tomko and Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) recorded seven apiece.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) recorded a shutout while making two saves.
- Joyce, who is second in the NACC with 10 goals, also scored four goals against the Inferno a season ago.
- Wisconsin Lutheran won its seventh straight game over the Inferno and improved to 13-2-0 in the all-time series.
- WLC is 2-0 in conference play for the first time since 2002.
FOR THE FOES
- Lauren Fischer recorded five shots for the Inferno.
- Allison Weick recorded 15 saves in net for the visitors, who lost their seventh straight game.
- The Warriors continue NACC play when they travel to Aurora (1-6-0, 1-0-0 NACC) Wednesday for a 7:00 p.m. kickoff. The Spartans earned their first win of the season Saturday, defeating Edgewood 3-2 on the road. Live stats and video will be available for the contest at WLCSports.com.