MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell to non-conference foe Carroll Sunday afternoon by a final score of 7-0. The Pioneers opened the scoring in the 12' minute and took a 4-0 lead into the halftime break. Three goals in the second half put the game out of reach for the Warriors.
- Final Score: Carroll 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-5-0), Carroll (6-2-0)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sabrina Georgeff started the scoring for the Pioneers off of a cross from Aubrey Prey in the 13' minute.
- Brooke Enright (West Bend, Wis.) nearly evened the score in the 30' minute when she connected on a header to the left side of the goal, but it was cleared off the line by a Carroll defender.
- Delaney Pruitt and Rachel Van Sluys found the back of the net in the 33' and 35' minute, respectively, to push the Carroll lead to three. The visitors added another tally six minutes later.
- The Pioneers scored three goals in the second half to secure the 7-0 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors totaled 10 shots in the contest, with three coming on goal.
- Enright registered a team-best two shots on goal.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis.) recorded the other shot on goal for the Warriors.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) registered nine saves in the losing effort.
FOR THE FOES
- The Pioneers out-shot the Warriors by a final tally of 35-10.
- Carroll racked up 12 corner kicks in the contest.
- Six different Carroll players scored goals in the game.
- CU improved to 11-0-0 all-time over WLC.
- The Warriors begin Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play Wednesday night when they host Lakeland (3-3-0) in their conference opener at Warriors Soccer Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The Muskies have yet to win a road game after winning all three of their contests at home. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.