LAKE FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - Lake Forest's Cassidy Hoyt netted three straight first-half goals to lead the hosts to a 4-0 lead at halftime, as the Foresters handed the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team a 6-1 defeat Friday afternoon at Farwell Field.
Final Score: Lake Forest 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-5-0), Lake Forest (2-4-0)
Location: Farwell Field, Lake Forest, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Foresters' Hoyt recorded a hat-trick in the opening half, as she netted goals in the 6', 24', and 25' minutes to give her team a 3-0 lead.
- LFC added another score four minutes before halftime for a 4-0 lead at the break.
- Dempsey O'Brien (West Allis, Wis.) put the Warriors in the score column in the 64' minute of the second half off an assist from Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.).
- Lake Forest finished off its last two scores in the 69' and 88' for the 6-1 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- O'Brien and Hirsch led the Warriors with two shots each, both of which were on target.
- Calli Tomko (Lisle, Ill.) recorded Wisconsin Lutheran's fifth shot of the contest.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis.) saved 10 shots in all 90:00 minutes in the net for WLC.
FOR THE FOES
- Hoyt led three other Foresters who found the back of the net with three goals.
- Emma Byrne and Kayla Wuest tallied six shots apiece to lead Lake Forest, which accumluated 33 shots for the game.
- Caroline Campbell made a trio of saves in net for LFC.
- The Foresters improved to 7-0-0 all-time over the Warriors.
- The Warriors continue non-conference play Sunday when they host Carroll (4-2-0) at 1:00 p.m. at Warriors Soccer Field. The Pioneers play at Benedictine Saturday before visiting WLC. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.