MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Dempsey O'Brien (West Allis, Wis./Nathan Hale) gave the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team an early lead, but nine unanswered goals from host MSOE sent the NACC regular season champion Raiders to a 9-1 win over the Warriors on Saturday afternoon at Viets Field.
- Final Score: MSOE 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-15-0, 1-8-0 NACC), MSOE (14-3-1, 9-0-0 NACC)
- Location: Viets Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 125
HOW IT HAPPENED
- O'Brien gave the Warriors the early lead in the 7' with her second goal of the year.
- MSOE, the top team in the conference, answered quickly and often, scoring four goals in the first half to grab a 4-1 lead at halftime.
- The Raiders kept the pressure on and extended their lead in the second half, tacking on five insurance goals to push the score to 9-1 as a final.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Raiders held a 33-8 shot advantage over the Warriors during the match, along with a 23-4 shot on goal advantage.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) collected 14 saves in net for the Warriors.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) recorded four shots and Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) had three to lead the Warriors' attack.
- Melina Lynn led the Raiders with a hat trick and an assist, while Sara Travia added two goals of her own and an assist on nine shots. Four different goalies played in the match for MSOE, combining for three saves.
- The Warriors will conclude their 2016 season on the road when they travel to Marian (4-11-0, 2-7-0 NACC) on Wednesday night for a 7:00 p.m. NACC contest. The Sabres are coming off a 5-0 loss against Benedictine on Saturday. Links to live stats and video for the match can be found at WLCSports.com.