AURORA, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team dropped a 5-1 NACC battle against Aurora on Saturday afternoon as Beth Robbins stole the show for AU with a hat-trick at Vago Field.
- Final Score: Aurora 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-13-0, 1-6-0 NACC), Aurora (4-8-2, 3-3-1 NACC)
- Location: Vago Field, Aurora, Ill. | Attendance: 57
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In just the 5', the Spartans got on the board with Robbins' first goal of the contest to take a 1-0 lead.
- Off of a cross from Hannah Scahill, Robbins headed the ball into the net in the 21' for her second goal. The score remained 2-0 in favor of the Spartans at halftime.
- Robbins completed the natural hat-trick with her third unanswered goal in the 53'.
- The Warriors cut into AU's lead in the 61' when Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) scored from 20 yards out to trim the lead to 3-1 on her first goal of the season.
- Aurora answered down the stretch, tacking on two insurance goals to put the game out of reach for WLC, resulting in the 5-1 final.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Spartans held a 23-4 shot advantage over the Warriors during the match, along with a 12-4 shot on goal advantage.
- WLC recorded all four of its shots in the second half.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) collected seven saves in net for the Warriors.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) recorded two shots, both on goal, to lead the WLC attack.
- Robbins led the Spartans with seven shots, three resulting in goals.
- The Warriors will be back in NACC action Wednesday night when they play host to Edgewood (11-3-0, 7-1-0 NACC) at 7:00 p.m. on Senior Night. The Eagles, who are in second place in the league standings, come in winners of eight of their last nine after defeating Lakeland 6-0 on Saturday. Links to live stats and video for the match can be found at WLCSports.com.