MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Despite holding a slim 5-4 shot on goal advantage, the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team dropped its fourth straight match falling 2-0 to the Benedictine Eagles in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play this afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Benedictine 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-11-0, 1-4-0 NACC), Benedictine (5-5-3, 3-1-2 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 96
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 19' off of a free kick, the Eagles' Taylor Pokorny crossed the ball into the box and found the head of teammate Sammie Sarles who put the ball past the out-stretched hands of the Warriors' keeper to give Benedictine a 1-0 lead.
- The Warriors turned in a great defensive effort to hold the Eagles to a one-score lead at the half.
- In the second half, it was Megan Anderson of Benedictine who found the back of the net in the 48' off of the cross into the box by Kayleigh Sommer which put the Eagles up 2-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Eagles held an 18-8 shot advantage over the Warriors during the match, but the Warriors held a 5-4 shot on goal advantage.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) played all 90:00 in the net for the Warriors recording two saves.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran), Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory), and Dempsey O'Brien (West Allis, Wis./Nathan Hale) each recorded two shots during the match with one being on goal.
- Taylor Pokorny paved the way for Eagles tallying a match-best five shots, two of which were on goal. She also assisted on another goal.
- BenU won its third straight over WLC and improved its all-time record vs. the Warriors to 9-3-2.
- The Warriors will be back in action Wednesday night when they host NACC opponent Dominican (8-4-0, 5-2-0 NACC). The Stars have won four straight including a 2-1 OT thriller against Aurora on Saturday. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.