MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – Four goals from Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) and three from Belle Flucas (Waconia, Minn./Mayer Lutheran) helped the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team collect its first conference win of the season in convincing fashion with a 7-0 shutout against Alverno on Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 7, Alverno 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-7-0, 1-1-0 NACC), Alverno (5-2-0, 1-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 103
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Flucas got the Warriors on the board early in the 5' with a goal from 12 yards out and again in 15' when she beat the keeper in a one-on-one opportunity to give WLC a 2-0 lead.
- Joyce then rattled off four straight Warriors goals to extend the WLC lead to 6-0.
- A final goal from Flucas on a breakaway in 87' gave the Warriors a final result of 7-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Wisconsin Lutheran out-shot Alverno, 18-5, with Flucas recording a match-best seven shots and Joyce adding six.
- With four goals in the match, Joyce took over the conference lead with 11. Flucas scored her first three goals of the season.
- Joyce, Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory), Mary Kirk (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Lake Country Lutheran), Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled), and Dempsey O'Brien (West Allis, Wis./Nathan Hale) all recorded an assist in the match.
- WLC goalkeeper Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) made one save for the Warriors in the match to collect her first conference victory in net.
- Andrea Binkley had three shots for the Inferno, while Annie Davison contributed two more.
- WLC won its sixth straight over the Inferno and improved to 12-2-0 all-time.
- The Warriors begin a three-match road stretch on Wednesday with a 3:30 p.m. NACC contest at Lakeland (1-7-0, 0-2-0 NACC). The Muskies, who have lost six straight, are coming off an 8-0 defeat against Dominican on Saturday afternoon.