MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 4-0 in its conference opening-match against NACC preseason favorite Concordia Wisconsin on Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-5-0, 0-1-0 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (1-5-0, 1-0-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 140
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Halie Schieffer got the Falcons on the board in the 22' scoring her first goal of the season off of a cross from teammate Kayla Schlosser putting CUW ahead 1-0.
- In the 38', Nicole Ciesielczyk found teammate Brooke Keller who was able to chip the ball over the Warriors' keeper for her first goal of the season for a 2-0 Falcons halftime lead.
- Brittany Klumpp found the back of the net for the second time this season when she scored from six yards out off a cross from Schieffer which put CUW up 3-0 in the 51'.
- Mikayla Ross finished the scoring for CUW in the 83' when she fired a shot from 15 yards out from Santina Bianco.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons out-shot the Warriors 24-5 during the match, including a 13-0 shot on goal advantage.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) played all 90:00 in the net for the Warriors recording nine saves.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) recorded three of WLC's five shots for the game.
- Ross and Keller totaled four shots each for the Falcons, who won their first match of the season.
- The Warriors begin a three-match week on Tuesday when they travel to Ripon (5-0-0) for a 4:00 p.m. non-conference contest. The Red Hawks play at Northland tomorrow before hosting the Warriors.