CHICAGO, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – An early goal from Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) wasn't enough as the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team dropped a non-conference matchup against North Park 8-1 at the Holmgren Athletic Complex on Monday night.
- Final Score: North Park 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-4-0), North Park (1-3-0)
- Location: Holmgren Athletic Complex, Chicago, Ill. | Attendance: 88
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC took the lead in the ninth minute as Joyce found the back of the net for her fourth goal of the year booted from 35 yards out off an assist from Belle Flucas (Waconia, Minn./Mayer Lutheran).
- The Vikings then took control shortly after, however, scoring goals in the 24', 27', and 30' minutes to take the 3-1 lead going into halftime.
- North Park kept the pressure on the Warriors as it scored five goals within 17 minutes in the second half to break the contest wide open.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Vikings held control of the shot count in the match, out-shooting the Warriors 26-6.
- Joyce led WLC with three shots, including two on goal. Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) added two shots to WLC's count.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) made 11 saves in net for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- North Park had a very balanced attack on offense as six different players scored led by a hat trick from Delaney Kress.
- Sydney Martinez collected the win in 70:00 minutes in goal, saving three Warriors shots on target.
- The Warriors continue their three-game week with another non-conference road contest on Wednesday at Blackburn (1-4-1). Match time is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. in Carlinville, Ill.