GALESBURG, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team was defeated 7-0 on the road by the Knox Prairie Fire on Monday afternoon in non-conference action at Jorge Prats Field.
- Final Score: Knox 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-3-0), Knox (3-0-0)
- Location: Jorge Prats Field, Galesburg, Ill. | Attendance: 30
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Knox netted six first-half goals on 21 shots against the Warriors for a 6-0 halftime lead. The Prairie Fire's first score came in the 3' and its last score before the break came in the 43'.
- WLC's defense stiffened after the break, as it surrendered just one second-half goal in the 66'.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled), Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran), and Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) each fired shots for the Warriors in the match.
- WLC goalkeeper Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) made 10 saves while facing 31 shots.
- Kayla Brown led the Prairie Fire with six shots and two goals. Alex Robertson also scored twice. Kathryn Coseglia and Sierra Daniger each made a save to share the shutout.
- Knox is the third of four non-conference opponents from the Midwest Conference that the Warriors will face this season.
- This was the first meeting all-time between the Warriors and Prairie Fire.
- The Warriors travel to Chicago on Wednesday for a 7:00 p.m. non-conference matchup with North Park (0-2-0).