MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - St. Norbert scored three first-half goals within a 14-minute span and the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team couldn't overcome the deficit as it fell at home to the Green Knights 4-1 on Saturday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: St. Norbert 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-2-0), St. Norbert (1-0-0)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 143
HOW IT HAPPENED
- St. Norbert struck first in the 8' when Morgan Edge finished home a pass from Aimee Conley in what was a scramble in the box.
- Monica Stephans gave the Green Knights a 2-0 lead in the 20' when she found the back of the net on a breakaway pass from Dana Schwab.
- Schwab and Stephans connected again in the 22' for a 3-0 lead after a cross in front of the net.
- The Warriors reached the scoring column for the first time in the 34' when Abby Himm (Grand Blanc, Mich./Homeschooled) found Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) directly off a corner kick to put WLC on the board.
- WLC held the visitors in check for the majority of the second half. SNC netted the only score of the second half in the 61' when Stephans scored a one-on-one with the keeper after a pass over the top from Clare Cuene.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Joyce tallied three of WLC's five shots for the game. Himm and Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) added the two others.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) made seven saves for the Warriors in the match, five in the first and two in the second.
- Stephans led the Green Knights with seven shots in the contest, including four on goal, two goals and an assist. SNC finished with 25 shots for the match.
- The Green Knights improved to 5-0 all-time over the Warriors.
- The Warriors begin a three-game week on Monday when they travel to Galesburg, Ill., for a 3:00 p.m. non-conference bout against Knox (2-0-0).