MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team opened its 2016 season tonight at Warrior Soccer Field against Lake Forest. The Foresters, the two-time defending Midwest Conference champions, proved too much for the Warriors as they defeated the hosts 4-0.
- Final Score: Lake Forest 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-1-0), Lake Forest (1-0-0)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 114
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Foresters got on the board in the 12' when Emma Byrne connected with Natalie Dixon for the give-and-go goal.
- Lake Forest followed up with another goal in the 36' when Lindsay Hartup kicked the ball over the head of the defender and scored to put her team up 2-0 at the half.
- The visitors continued the scoring in the second half when Molly Major's shot was blocked right to Kayla Wuest who fired it into the back of the net for the 3-0 lead.
- The Foresters would score once more in the 64' on an unassisted goal by Emma Byrne.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) led the Warriors in saves, recording five in the first half and six in the second playing all 90:00 minutes in the net.
- The Foresters out-shot the Warriors 28-2 in the contest.
- Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) and Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) each recorded one shot in the game for WLC.
- Katelyn Hronek led all players with seven shots in the game for LFC. Emma Byrne added a goal and an assist for the Foresters.
- LFC has won all six of its meetings against WLC.
- The Warriors remain home on Saturday when they host St. Norbert (0-0-0) in non-conference action at 5:00 p.m. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.