MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team concluded its 2015 season with Senior Night on Wednesday and a 5-2 loss to Marian at Warrior Soccer Field. Brooke Harty (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) and Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) scored the Warriors' goals in the contest.
- Final Score: Marian 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-16-1, 2-8-0 NACC), Marian (7-12-0, 3-7-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 72
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sabres got on the board quickly when a header by Alyssa Lennon found the back of the net just 47 seconds into the game.
- At the 14 minute mark, Jessica Retzlaff scored for MU on a breakaway goal to make the score 2-0.
- WLC cut the lead in half when Harty scored her first goal of the season off an assist from Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran).
- In the 32nd minute, Reina Dionisio tacked on an insurance goal for MU, ultimately proving to be the difference in the match.
- Joyce's goal from 20 yards out gave the Warriors a fighting chance by cutting the Sabres lead to 3-2.
- Becca Kalish's third goal of the season in the 71st minute extended the lead to 4-2.
- The final goal of the night came when Carley Schmit scored off a deflected shot within the box in the 86th minute.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Alyssa Summers (Kiel, Wis./Kiel) came up with nine saves in the match for the Warriors.
- Joyce and Harty led the team with five and four shots, respectively.
- Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) added three shots, including two on goal.
- MU held the advantage in the shot count 21-18, which included 14-9 in shots on goal.
- Alysha Kallas saved seven shots for the Sabres in net.
- Lennon and Dionisio led Marian with four shots each in the contest.
- The Warriors honored their only senior, Rachel Sebald (Menomonee, Falls.Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) before tonight's contest.