Posted: Oct 24, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 6-0 in its NACC matchup against the Raiders of MSOE on Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: MSOE 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-15-1, 2-7-0 NACC), MSOE (11-6-0, 7-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 77
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Raiders got on the board first scoring in the 15' when Natalie Gayner found Sara Travia who headed the ball in for the goal to put MSOE up 1-0.
- In the 18', Ally Brehm scored off of a saved deflection from Travia which put the Warriors in an early 2-0 hole.
- Thirty seconds after the Raiders scored their second goal, it was Travia finding the back of the net for the second time during the game on a breakaway goal which put the Raiders up 3-0.
- In the 21', Gayner scored her sixth goal of the season from a Travia pass which gave the Raiders a 4-0 lead.
- Erika Spanbauer headed the ball in off of a corner kick by Maria Schumacker in the 33' to put the Raiders up 5-0 at halftime. Coming out of the halftime, Travia scored her third goal of the game off of the assist by Brehm for the final 6-0 result.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Raiders out-shot the Warriors 32-11 with a 20-4 shot on goal advantage.
- Alyssa Summers (Kiel, Wis./Kiel) stopped nine shots on target in 45:00 minutes in net for the Warriors.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) led the way for Wisconsin Lutheran recording six shots, four of which were on goal.
- Travia paced the Raiders' attack recording nine shots, six shots on goal, three goals, and two assists.
- Wisconsin Lutheran wraps up its 2015 season on Wednesday night when it hosts Marian (6-12-0, 2-7-0 NACC) at 7 p.m. for Senior Night. The Sabres suffered a 2-1 defeat to Benedictine at home on Saturday afternoon.