MADISON, Wis. - Edgewood tallied three goals in each half en route to a 6-0 win over the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team in its final road game of the 2015 season on Wednesday night at Breese Stevens Field.
- Final Score: Edgewood 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-14-1, 2-6-0 NACC), Edgewood (8-7-0, 5-4-0 NACC)
- Location: Breese Stevens Field, Madison, Wis. | Attendance: 122
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles netted three goals within the first 17 minutes of the first half to take the lead on the Warriors. EC's Jennifer Dailey scored in the 4' and Emily Skaer added tallies in the 14' and 17'. The score stood 3-0 Eagles at intermission.
- Skaer struck again in the 62' and 69' of the second half for Edgewood, her third and fourth goals of the game, that gave the hosts a 5-0 advantage.
- Hannah Menzia added the Eagles' sixth and final score of the match in the 75'.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) and Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) tallied two shots each for the Warriors.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) made 10 saves in the net for WLC, bringing her total to a league-best 160 for the season.
- Skaer totaled a match-best seven of the Eagles' 29 shots, including four goals and an assist. Alisha Nolden passed out three assists for the Eagles.
- Edgewood goalkeeper Sabelle Seabrook, who made one save, shared with shutout with Megan Bower.
- The Warriors conclude their 2015 season with two home games, beginning Saturday with a 3:30 p.m. showdown against cross-town NACC foe MSOE (10-6-0, 6-2-0 NACC) at Warrior Soccer Field. The Raiders blanked Lakeland 7-0 on Wednesday afternoon.