Posted: Oct 17, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 7-0 in its afternoon NACC match against the Spartans of Aurora at Warrior Soccer Field on Saturday.
- Final Score: Aurora 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-13-1, 2-5-0 NACC), Aurora (7-7-0, 4-3-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 48
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Spartans got on the board first in the fifth minute when Nicci Bermudes scored her league-leading 17th goal of the season on a penalty kick to put Aurora up 1-0.
- In the 18th minute, Bermudes connected with Lorelei Ritzert for her second goal of the season scoring from four yards out to put the Spartans up 2-0.
- The Spartans scored once more before the half in the 30th minute when Hunter Coppes found Bermudes off of a corner kick to put Aurora up 3-0 at the half.
- AU came out of halftime and scored in the 47' when Corynne McEachern found the back of the net from 12 yards out to give the Spartans a 4-0 lead.
- AU's Hannah Scahill found the back of the net in the 55th minute off a cross from Alisha Oseguera.
- In the 70th minute, Alyssa Mok finished from 10 yards out off of the assist by Elizabeth Goll.
- The Spartans scored once more in the 84th when Kelsey King connected with Mok from 18 yards out.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Spartans out-shot the Warriors 34-1 with a 23-0 shot on goal advantage.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) recorded 16 saves in the net for WLC.
- Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) recorded the only shot for the Warriors which sailed just over the crossbar.
- Scahill led the Spartans in shots recording eight, seven of which were on goal.
- The Warriors travel to Edgewood (7-7-0, 4-4-0 NACC) on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. NACC contest at Breese Stevens Field. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com. The Eagles defeated Lakeland on Saturday, 8-0.