RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Dominican scored four first-half goals and added six more in the second half as the NACC-leading Stars defeated the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team 10-0 on Wednesday afternoon in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match at West Campus Field.
- Final Score: Dominican 10, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-12-1, 2-4-0 NACC), Dominican (9-4-0, 7-0-0 NACC)
- Location: West Campus Field, River Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 30
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Stars gained a 1-0 lead in the second minute off a Wisconsin Lutheran own goal from a Stars' corner kick.
- Dominican went ahead 2-0 in the third minute on Taylor Adler's unassisted breakaway goal. It would be the first of six goal's for her on the day.
- Adler added the Stars' final two goals on the first half in the 6' and 19' as WLC held DU scoreless for the final 26 minutes of the opening half.
- Adler scored the first three Stars' goals of the second half in the 46', 48', and 64' minutes.
- Dominican's final three tallies came from three different players, including two in the final five minutes.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were out-shot by Stars 34-4, including 21-2 in shots on goal.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) led the Warriors with a two shots.
- Warriors keeper Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) came up with 11 saves, while the Stars' keeper Pamela Ruiz made two saves to earn the shutout.
- Adler led all players with nine shots and eight on goal for the Stars.
- The Warriors host nine-time defending NACC champion Aurora (6-7-0, 3-3-0 NACC) on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Spartans have dropped four straight games, including a 2-0 non-conference setback to Augustana (Ill.) on Tuesday.