LISLE, Ill. - Benedictine scored three first-half goals and added two more in the second half as the host Eagles defeated the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team 5-0 on Saturday night in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference contest at the Sports Complex.
- Final Score: Benedictine 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-11-1, 2-3-0 NACC), Benedictine (7-6-0, 4-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Sports Complex, Lisle Ill. | Attendance: 150
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles scored first in the 12th minute when Jackie Elzakhem scored unassisted for a 1-0 lead. It would be the first of three scores for her on the night.
- BenU went ahead 2-0 in the 15th on Taylor Pokorny's goal that was assisted by Daniela Nieto.
- Elzakhem scored in the 31st for the Eagles' final first-half tally. Pokorny assisted on the score.
- The Eagles netted their final two goals of the match in the 47' and 60' for the final 5-0 margin. Elzakhem and Pokorny were credited with the scores.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were out-shot by Eagles 26-1, including 18-1 in shots on goal.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) led the Warriors with a shot on goal.
- Warriors keeper Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) came up with 13 saves in goal, while the Eagles' keeper Maddie Frye made one save to earn the shutout.
- Elzakhem led all players with seven shots and four on goal for the Eagles.
- Zoie Holloway and Nieto were both credited with four shots each. Pokorny tallied two gaols and Nieto added two assists.
- The Warriors will continue their two-match road trip on Wednesday at Dominican (8-4-0, 6-0-0 NACC) at 3 p.m. The Stars, who have won four straight, defeated Aurora 2-1 on the road on Saturday. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.