Posted: Oct 07, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 4-0 in its NACC match against the Cougars of Concordia Chicago under the lights at Warrior Soccer Field Wednesday night.
- Final Score: Concordia Chicago 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-10-1, 2-2-0 NACC), Concordia Chicago (3-8-0, 2-3-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 109
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cougars got on the board first in the 30' when Shawna Rembold scored off of a saved deflection from Sarah LaCost to take the 1-0 lead on the Warriors.
- Thirty seconds after the Cougars' first goal, WLC was called for a foul in the box setting up a penalty kick for Elizabeth Sanders which she converted to put the Cougars up 2-0.
- In the waning seconds of the first half, Sanders connected on a cross into the box from Sydney Fuller to put the Cougars up 3-0 at the half.
- CUC came out of halftime and scored in the 49' when Sanders found the back of the net for her third goal of the game off of the free kick by Natalie Weinhold, which put the Cougars up 4-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Cougars out-shot the Warriors 17-2 with a 9-2 shot on goal advantage.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) recorded five saves in the contest for the Warriors.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) and Belle Flucas (Waconia, Minn./Mayer Lutheran) each recorded a shot for the Warriors, both on goal.
- Sanders recorded a hat trick reaching her sixth goal of the season. Her six total shots led the way for the Cougars.
- The Warriors will be back in action Saturday when they travel to Lisle, Ill., to take on the Benedictine Eagles (6-6-0, 3-2-0 NACC) with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com. BenU fell to Concordia Wisconsin 2-1 in overtime on Wednesday.