WATERTOWN, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team was defeated by host Maranatha 4-0 on Saturday afternoon in a non-conference match at Maranatha Field. The Sabercats scored twice in each half en route to the win over the Warriors.
- Final Score: Maranatha 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-9-1), Maranatha (4-2-1)
- Location: Maranatha Field, Watertown, Wis. | Attendance: 76
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Maranatha took a 1-0 lead in the 17th minute when Anna Dahl scored on a free kick.
- The Sabercats added their second goal of the first half just before halftime in the 43rd when Bethany Wright scored off an assist from Alison Hernandez.
- The contest remained 2-0 in favor of MBU until the 74th minute when the Sabercats scored twice within a :47 second span. The MBU goals came from Courtney Dunn and Natascha Vinz. Dahl added an assist on the final tally.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were out-shot by the Sabercats 24-9, including 13-3 in shots on goal.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) led Wisconsin Lutheran's attack with three shots and one on goal. Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) added two shots and one on goal.
- In her second start of the season, Alyssa Summers (Kiel, Wis./Kiel) stopped nine shots in 90:00 minutes in the net for WLC.
- Anna Dahl led all players in the match with five shots, four of which were on goal. Three other MBU players were credited with four shots each.
- Sabercats keeper Michala Marino made a trio of saves to earn the shutout.
- The Warriors return to conference play on Wednesday when they host Concordia Chicago (2-8, 1-3 NACC) at 7 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Cougars suffered a 2-1 setback at home against Edgewood on Saturday.