MILWAUKEE – Three first-half goals proved to be more than enough to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team to a 3-1 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference victory over Lakeland on Wednesday night at Warrior Soccer Field. It was the second-straight victory for the Warriors.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Lakeland 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-8-1, 2-1-0 NACC), Lakeland (3-7-0, 1-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 72
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Joyce got the scoring started when she found the back of the net in the 24th minute for her team-leading fourth score of the season.
- In the 38th, Scheiber finished a ball sent from Iraina Nitz (Olympia, Wash./Evergreen Lutheran) from inside the box.
- A few minutes later, Scheiber scored her second goal of the night and third of the season off a pass from Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory).
- Lakeland got on the scoreboard with just eight seconds remaining before halftime when Mimi Pulido scored off a free kick.
- The contest remained scoreless through the remainder of the match.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC controlled the overall shot count 19-10 and 10-5 in shots on goal.
- Joyce and Scheiber led the Warriors with five shots each.
- Hirsch contributed two shots on goal for WLC.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) came up with four saves on the night.
- Taryn Allen led Lakeland with five shots and two on goal.
- Jessica Carter made seven saves for the Muskies.
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns to the pitch for a non-conference match on Saturday when it travels to Maranatha (2-2-1) for a 1 p.m. contest. The Sabercats shutout Mount Mary 8-0 last Friday. Live video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.