MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team captured its first victory of the 2015 season Saturday afternoon with a 2-0 shutout over Alverno in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference action at Alverno Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 2, Alverno 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-8-1, 1-1-0 NACC), Alverno (1-5-0, 0-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Alverno Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 54
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors didn't wait long before scoring their first goal which came from Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) off an assist from Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) in the 11th minute. Scheiber's first score of the season was a 1-on-1 with the keeper from a through pass by Joyce that was struck near the bottom left post.
- The Warriors' second goal came from Helen Joyce in the 33rd minute off a cross from Briana Modjeska (Cottage Grove, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran).
- The score stood 2-0 through the rest of the match as WLC cracked the win column for the first time.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors out-shot the Inferno 30-1, including an 18-0 shot on goal count. The 30 shots mark a season-high.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) had a relaxing day in the net as the Warriors held the Inferno to without a shot on goal. It is the first shutout of the season for the senior keeper.
- Scheiber led the way with eight shots, seven of which were on goal.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) also totaled eight shots and five on goal.
- Katelyn Bartlett made 16 saves in net for the Inferno.
- The Warriors will be back in action Wednesday as they host Lakeland (3-6-0, 1-1-0 NACC) at 7 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Muskies were shutout 5-0 by Dominican on Saturday.