Posted: Sep 22, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 3-1 in a non-conference match against the Vikings of Lawrence at Warrior Soccer Field on Tuesday night.
- Final Score: Lawrence 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-8-1), Lawrence (4-3-0)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 53
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Vikings scored early in the contest when Ryan Berkley got the ball right in front of the net for the goal off of the cross by Casey Merkle to take the early 1-0 lead.
- The Warriors got on the board in the waning seconds of the first half when Briana Modjeska (Cottage Grove, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) scored her first goal of the year off of a save deflection. Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) was credited with the assist to tie the game 1-1 at the half.
- The Vikings scored in the 49' when Anne Leung fired a shot from outside of the box into the upper left corner of the net for the goal.
- In the 73', the Vikings got their final goal when Berkley got her third point of the contest scoring from 28 yards out.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Vikings narrowly out-shot the Warriors 24-17 with a 13-9 shot on goal advantage.
- The Warriors' 17 shots tie their second-highest output of the season.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) led the Warriors with 10 saves.
- Modjeska recorded three shots on the night, one of which found the back of the net for her first goal of the year.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) led the Warriors in shots with six.
- Berkley recorded three points on the night for LU, finding the back of the net twice and assisting on one goal as she led the Vikings with eight shots.
- The Warriors will be back in action Saturday afternoon when they travel to conference foe Alverno (1-4-0, 0-1-0 NACC) for a 2 p.m. kickoff. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.