Posted: Sep 20, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 5-0 in a non-conference match against the Pioneers of Carroll at Warrior Soccer Field on Sunday afternoon.
- Final Score: Carroll 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-7-1), Carroll (3-2-1)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 114
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rachel Van Sluys found the back of the net for the Pioneers in the 9' and 11' when she got behind the defense for 1-on-1 goals.
- In the 24' and 33', Van Sluys twice found the back of the net off for her third and fourth goals of the contest off of assists by Delaney Pruitt that put the Pioneers up 4-0 at halftime.
- CU scored once more in the second half when Carly Oboikovitz scored her second goal of the season when the ball was crossed into the box from Tia Irish.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Pioneers out-shot the Warriors 50-1 with a 22-0 shot on goal advantage.
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) led the Warriors in saves recording 13 in 72:00 minutes in the net for WLC.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis./Luther Preparatory) recorded the only shot for the Warriors.
- Van Sluys led the Pioneers with 11 shots in the contest, seven of which were on goal.
- The Warriors will be back in action Tuesday night when they host Lawrence (3-3-0) at 7 p.m. in their sixth home game of the season at Warrior Soccer Field. The Vikings last fell 1-0 to Carroll on Saturday night.