Posted: Sep 19, 2015
MEQUON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 6-0 in its conference-opening match against Concordia Wisconsin Saturday afternoon at Fitting Field.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-6-1, 0-1-0 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (4-1-2, 1-0-0 NACC)
- Location: Fitting Field, Mequon, Wis. | Attendance: 186
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors kept the Falcons in check for most of the first half until Nicole Ciesielczyk found the back of the net in the 20'. The netter came off of an assist from Carley Pfannerstill and Jaclyn Theune.
- In the 21', the Falcons scored again when Pfannerstill fired a shot from 18 yards out for the goal off of the assist by Kayla Schlosser to take a 2-0 advantage heading into the half.
- Shortly after the start of the second half, Pfannerstill found the back of the net for the second time in the contest when she scored on a breakaway goal for a 3-0 advantage in the match.
- In the 56', Halie Schieffer scored on a cross into the box from Pfannerstill.
- The Falcons scored twice more in the 59' and the 68' when Jaclyn Theune and Kayla Schlosser each got the ball past the keeper.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Rachel Sebald (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) led the Warriors in saves, recording 13 in the first half and 14 in the second to come up four shy of the single-game record for the Warriors. She played all 90:00 minutes in the net for WLC.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) and Meredith Wilson (Neenah, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) each recorded a shot for the Warriors. Wilson's shot was the only one on goal that WLC was credited.
- Pfannerstill finished with 14 shots, eight of which were on goal. CUW totaled 64 shots in the match, including 33 on goal.
- The Warriors will play their next two matches at Warrior Soccer Field. They host Carroll (2-2-1) Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. and Lawrence (3-3-0) Tuesday night at 7 p.m..